Thursday, February 26, 2009

So many games.... So little time...


I had no idea a blog would be this much work. I'll be honest, I would just shake my head at the lack of blogging by Jeff Potter. I would always think how hard could it be to type out a few paragraphs once or twice a week. Apparently it's harder than it looks, as this blog is way over due. I apologize for the inactivity, I will try to step my game up from now on.


I would like to talk a little bit about what makes the Mad Ants office the BEST FRONT OFFICE IN THE D-League. The above picture was taken at recent Spiece tournament that the Mad Ants sponsored. It is of myself, Heidi, Sarah, the Mad Ant, and Alicia. This is the "Ops Side" of our office. Heidi is our PR and community relations people. She is the reason we are out there in the community as much as we are. She also is the contact for all the local and national press. She also does a million other things (including hanging the press backdrop in the locker room during the fourth quarter, I am her faithful assistant in this task). Alicia is responsible for why there is never a dull moment at a Mad Ants game. She makes sure every time-out, quarter break, and half-time is jam packed with entertainment. You can spot her running around at the games making sure everything is going smoothly. Her most important job is making sure I get to be the bowl-thrower for Red Panda on March 29th. If you don't know who Red Panda is, please check out this link . Sarah is our Business Manager. Sarah is the heart of the office and makes sure all the details are covered. You can also find her at the merchandise table at all of our games. Go make her day and buy a Mad Ants doll (action figure). Sarah does so much that I don't think anyone actually knows what she does. So there is a woefully inadequate recap of our awesome operations side of the office. Don't get me started on the Sales sides, we are a bunch of jerks...


The reason for my lacadaisacal (my new favorite word) blogging is due to our busy home game schedule last week. It was pretty crazy, probably the busiest week in franchise history for us. We had a great turnout for Friday and Sunday. Speaking of Friday Night, I would like to give a shout out to Arlington Elementary school. They did a fund-raiser for the Mad Ants and did an amazing job! I think they had half the school there! Plus their students did a great job with the pre-game act with their baton twirlers and cheer team. So if your orginzation is interested in doing a fund-raiser just shoot me an email. I won't use the cliche "FUNdraiser" (I just did), but it is really true in this case.


The big news coming out of the weekend was Chris Hunter getting a look from the NY Knicks. Well it turns out that another former Mad Ant apparently ended up with the spot. If you follow Ridiculous Upside this is old news, but it was the one and only Cheikh Samb. He is best known for blocking 11 shots in one game last year for the Mad Ants and getting his two front teeth knocked out in his second game us. He is also recently known for this highlight . Good luck to Cheikh and I hope he sticks with the Knicks.


Well I am going to call it a night, and promise (probably an empty one) to blog again soon. After re-reading this blog I think my parentheses count is down slighting this week. I will try to do better next week to keep my love of parentheses going!

Good Day,

-Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment