Thursday, January 12, 2012

NBA TV in 3...2...1...

As the Mad Ants staff is getting ready to head out to Crazy Pinz to watch the team take on the Tulsa 66ers, I figured I was about due for a blog.

We had a huge win on Monday in our first game at the NBA D-League Showcase in Reno. It was over the Bakersfield Jam who has been playing really solid this year with a record of 9-7 (in a league that reeks of parity). The Mad Ants started off the game down 19-2 but came roaring back to make it a very back and forth affair in the second half. The biggest surprise of the game was the play of Sadiel Rojas. Sadiel had not received much playing time recently, but due to Ron Howard being injured was given an opportunity to show what he could do. When all was said and done Sadiel racked up 16 pts 8 rebounds and 3 steals, not to mention a late 4th quarter 3 that gave us the final push to stay ahead for good. He played a whopping 40 minutes coming off the bench!

This is a league that is built on opportunity and it looks like Sadiel really took advantage of this one.

No word from Reno if Ron Howard will play today but even if he does I am sure Coach Gansey will find some minutes for Sadiel after Monday's performance.

The other big story out of that game was Walker Russell JR putting up 19 points with 19 assists. What a perfect time and place to have that game in front of Scouts from all 30 NBA teams. If this does propel him to an NBA contract I don't know what will. Walker is like a 2nd coach otu there and would be a great back-up PG for any NBA squad.

Well, this blog feels like a lot of fluff but I don't have much inside info as the entire basketball staff (including Jeff) is in Reno. The other big piece of news is that I sent a small roulette wager of $10 with one of said staff which turned into $188. Suffice to say, my paper is stuck on overload right now

Let's hope the Gansey Magic stays alive tonight and we bring back a three game winning streak to the Coliseum on Sunday for Awesome 80's night vs Dakota with a 5pm tip off. Still working on my outfit but I have set the bar so high....I hope I don't let everyone down.

No comments:

Post a Comment